Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Songhai

February 1, 2009, will always remain in my memory. It was my second time of being in Songhai Porto- novo. The first time I went to Porto-Novo was in August 2008. I worked then as an assistant with Tell. Assistants in Tell do a bit of everything, still I was dumbfoundded when I was told I would be going with the Corporate Affairs department down to Porto-Novo. I couldn't really relish it because it was unbelievable and painfull at the same time.

Unbelievable because I didn't feel worthy enough to have gone, painful because my colleagues weren't too happy with me going thereby giving me silent treatment.

So when I was picked the second time, I left all my cares in the wind. That day in February was and would be always stick in my memory. I met personalities made friends with them and even had a few suitors.

It was memorable. I understood nature and people. My superior who I assisted, taught me so many things I'd never forget and i'll forever be grateful for. The participants too had a great time and couldn't stop talking about how great the experience was.

Songhai is an agricultural centre based in Poro-novo, Benin Republic. Songhai is also a center for training, for production, research and development of sustainable agricultural practices. Every 3 or 4 times in a year the Corporate Affairs Department organises the programme and takes farmers, would be farmers and agriculturists there to show them the principles and basics of famine. You just had to be there to understand the experience. 









No comments:

Post a Comment